Tuesday, February 2, 2010

ST. ANTONY'S SCHOOL KR PURAM

In fact the first school I attended was not Lowry Memorial School. It was St. Antony's school. I think the school is at present in Ramamurthy nagar. I think I attended this school for about eight months and discontinued later to join the Lowry memorial School.

It is interesting to note where the St. Antony's school existed at that time. It was in a godown like shed in a vast area of land opposite to the facade of Indian Telephone Industries yonder the national highway 04. Now the place looks totally different with some petroleum institute having garbed a large share of this land. This shed was built during the British era it is said to house Italian prisoners.

The shed was divided into many enclosures with hardboard barricades and in one such room I spent eight months making fragile steps towards an education. My father used to bring food to this place almost every afternoon. I used to get eye infection repeatedly during my stint at this school and my father thereupon decided to stop education temporarily and re-admitted me to the Lowry Memorial School the following summer.

At this school I had a class mate by name Santhosh Koshy who later became a doctor.

Unni Krishnan who was the production manager of television at BPL was a product of this school.

No comments:

Post a Comment