Friday, October 5, 2018

ADHIP CHAUDHURI , S M ACHARYA AND CHIRANJEEVI SINGH OF THE I A S


ADHIP CHAUDHURI





Mr. Adhip Chaudhuri ( third from left)..Photo taken when he was Collector at Karwar and at a much younger age.




Mr. S M ACHARYA




Mr.  CHIRANJEEVI SINGH


I had the good fortune of working with  and knowing three IAS officers who were involved in professional and administrative matters at MSRIM where I spent almost a decade.

The earliest person was Mr. Adhip Chaudhuri whom I used to know much before when he was the Managing Director of Mysore Lamps.Sometimes some of us used to be seated in his office for a considerable amount of time discussing issues of concern(I found all these three bureaucrats to be good  orators) ,He used to be good at implementing administrative norms.From him I came to know Nirupama Rao is basically a malayalee.

Later came Mr. S M Acharya who used to be strict with administrative policies and was simple and sincere.I came to know later he is the son of an IFS officer of  repute.It was a pleasure interacting with him and I was told is a retired Additional Chief Secretary.

I dont know Mr. Chiranjeevi Singh at a personal level but had been part of some meetings he chaired and was a participant at some of his speeches and is a soft spoken gentleman.

From these people I learnt to some extent the importance of Administrative norms and the need and methodology to maintain organisational stability hither to which I was unaware of.All of them were eloquent speakers which proves beyond doubt the rigour of the selection process through which they emerge.

No comments:

Post a Comment