Thursday, December 21, 2017

OSMAN ALI KHAN AND OSMANIA UNIVERSITY


Some time back I had visited  Osmania University in Hyderabad..I think it was in 2009 to attend a two day seminar on Supply Chain Management at the Institute for  Public Enterprise and the event organised by Smt. Jayashree Dubey.


I must place on record the smart staff at the IPE. I had sent a DD for Rs.2000 directly to the institute without mentioning the seminar but fortunately writing my home phone number somewhere on the envelope. All through I was worried if the DD would reach the right hands and was touch with Jayashree Dubey the organizer.  On  receiving the DD the Accounts office made a phone call to my land line number asking the purpose of the DD and i told them to hand it over to Jayashree putting an end to uncertainty and confusion.


Stay at the OU was a pleasant one especially the good food in the messes and good quality lectures and the pleasant climes of the University.Walking through the University in the night was a treat.


One of the best part of my stay here was the view of the Hyderabad city from the Guest House..Hyderabad truly looked like a city of Lights with a million of them burning near and far.

Above is portrait of the founder of Osmania University the last Nizam of Hyderabad  Osman Ali Khan

No comments:

Post a Comment