Friday, April 27, 2012

K K R NAMBIAR


I  got a rare photo of one  of my relatives  from the internet by chance..I have not seen him..but have heard of him. His name is K K Ramachandran and used to teach medicine at Calicut Medical College. I used to know his father  Dr, P C Nambiar FRCS who was principal of  Assam Medical College in the 1950's  and his mother Madhavi and used to stay in a victorian style bungalow in wood street in Cox town of Bangalore. I have visited this house as a child.He had five daughters and did meet one of his daughters who practices ayurveda in Udupi .The wife of this man is the daughter of Udupi Kelu Nambiar who was an ayurvedic physician in Udupi. I have met his youngest sister Janaki many times during her old age.

I know he had a brother Madhavan who used to teach medicine at  Kasturbha Medical College and in one of the meetings with Prof   B M Hegde and Dr. Pai of Kasturbha Medical College happened to fondly remember him. Madhavan had married a swedish lady and I know for sure had two daughters.

If any of these family members ever happen to see this blog please get in touch with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment