Monday, June 22, 2009

BANGALORE CITY AS I SAW IT

My father P K Damodaran worked for nearly 40 years at the INDIAN TELEPHONE INDUSTRIES in Bangalore and I have stayed here for most of my life barring a period of 04 years when I relocated to Calicut (1982 to 1986) to study electrical engineering at rec calicut.

It is important for people to write at lenghth what they see during their life times so that posterity could get a picture of what transpired.

My earliest memories of this city was going to the Lowry Memorial school in dooravaninagar where i did my schooling from 1969 to 1980 and from our home we (along with my brother ) used to cross the k r puram railway station to reach the school. There used to be a train to madras passing by this railway station at 9 am with a steam engine.

The K R Puram station during that time was a small station with a single platform and the old madras road runs above the station through a narrow bridge built in the late 1800's. However a new cable bridge came up there in 2003 making the bridge wider with free flow of traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment