Wednesday, September 28, 2016

My tryst with Bhoruka Steel

One of the earliest organizations to interview  me was Bhouka Steel Ltd. This was a nice experience and served as a fillip to my second interview at BPL .The entire story is  in August of 1986 and some coincidence of  circumstances.

The name Bhoruka Steel is nothing new to me. It used to be a mini steel plant located at Mahadevapura on White Field road. As a child    I used to ride a bicycle all the way from my home to this factory and back.. Bhoruka Steel used to be a mini steel plant that flourished here from 1970 to around 1995 or so…the years mentioned may not be very accurate but fairly close to facts.

The placement office at REC Calicut put up a notice stating that students of the  Karnataka region need to apply for a post at this Steel company..which I did and was shortlisted for interview.This saw me making an emergency dash to Bangalore…and the date is 14th of August 1986….and the interview was scheduled on the 16th of August 1986 at Hitananda Chambers on Lavelle Road. I think I took the KSTDC bus frtom Calicut to Bangalore and Sheela Furtado and her friend was also there in the bus on that day..I did not know where Lavelle road was and my father explained it to me and I found myself at the office on Lavelle road at the stipulated time. I was led into a large conference hall and two gentlemen spoke to me for about half an hour.


This event was special to me as it was the first interview so to say I underwent  and gave me the confidence to get selected by BPL later.


Thank you  Bhoruka  Steel for this opportunity and thank God for all such experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment