Friday, August 24, 2012

JAWANI DIWANI

There is an anecdote that links me and this movie and the venue being the ITI Auditorium theater for the first show. I accompanied my father for this movie and we stood in the queue for tickets and on that day surprisingly there was a long queue and this must be somewhere in 1973 and  behold we got only one ticket before the box office shut House Full; and imagine the situation that only one of us could see the movie and I was too young to walk back home all alone. Our next attempt was to placate the person standing at the entry to the balcony- the gate keeper- to let me in considering that I was a small boy but he refused stating that I was above three years. We could sell the lone ticket to some one and both of us could head home....and there was disappointment writ largely on my face.

JAWANI DIWANI is a Randhir Kapoor starrer with Jaya Bahuduri in the lead and before long we could hear some trailor playing in the theater which means the movie would start anytime and time was  ticking for us. The family of   T S Krishnan who had made advance reservations arrived with their entire family a large one and the gate keeper that a head count be conducted and in their group was a supposedly five year old child who could not be accounted for and the gate keeper who was very strict constantly saying that "Iam also an ITI employee like you"  refused unequivocally that the child could not be let inside causing bewilderment in the face of Mr T S Krishnan and family and T S Krishnan decides to sell all his eight tickets and my father being his friend was an instant beneficiary and both of us could enter the theater. I dont know what to call this ...the hand of god ticket into ITI theater.

My father never faced embarrassment whenever Iam around and this is one of the earliest examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment