Wednesday, September 11, 2024

MAR ATHNASIUS COLLEGE OF ENGINERING...MACE..KOTHAMANGALAM

 I was toying with the idea of visiting this institute for quite some time  MACE Mar Athnasius college of Engineering in Kothamangalam...my older lad Ganesh studied Computer Science here fron 2015 to 2019.


Kothamangalam is a small township closer to the Western Ghat mountains in the Ernakulam District of Kerala. Perumbavoor  is a major hub some twenty kilometers from Kothamangalam and Kothamangalam is not far from Muvattupuzha.The names of towns in this part of the world closely resemble each other and can be confusing. The district and city of Idukki is close to Kothamangalam and Kothamangangalam is transit point towards Idukki .However Idukki can also be approached through a place called Theni in Tamil Nadu. Nearly two hours from Idukki down the Western Ghat mountains is Theni.Idukki and this part of Kerala in general can be approached from Bangalore through Dindugal and Theni.

I had to get into a Kerala SRTC bus bound for Trivandrum which is a A/C hybrid bus 2+1 seater cum sleeper.Kerala SRTC must be congratulated for introducing this version of buses in its fleet because it is very comfortable. Karnataka SRTC is yet to introduce these buses to my understanding but would stand in good stead if they do so at the earliest.I had to get down at Perumbavoor which I did.

Perumbavoor is a fairly modern township with a elegant Government bus stand but to my understanding the bus-station needs better management.I had a stroll in the morning of Perumbavoor and could see large churches.The high point is that I got a budget room to stay here on the main road.My primary focus was to book a return ticket to Bangalore which I did on a Munnar-Bangalore service which stops at KSRTC Perumbavoor bus stand.

I decided to hire a taxi to Kothamangalam a very wise decision in many ways.The Taxi is a deisel run Auto-Taxi of Haridas. I was chatting with Haridass all along the stretch. TATA sons has stopped making these vehicles I was told by Haridas but is a splendid vehicle in many ways for its ruggedness and economy.The institute called MACE is on the Kothamangalam -Muvattupuzha road some two kilometers from Kothamangalam.Parking the Taxi in the stand Me and Haridas went about exploring the Institute.

I liked MACE for many reasons , a very well orchestrated place with top-class flora in and around. I had a look at the Electrical Machines lab which is half the size the lab we used to have at NIT but has all the machines. The lab incharge told me they even have Schrage motor which is a variable speed Induction drive.On the entrance to the institute is the photo of  CNR Rao.It was nice to see that Mr.Rao is honoured at this place.I used to know Rao when he was the Director of  Indian Institute of Science meeting him at times in the Faculty hall of IISc.

Then I went to the Dept. of Computer Science and happenned to chat with a teacher of Ganesh who remembers him fonldy as a obedient lad who used to always sit in the front bench.Some how she was very glad to see me.

Thus ended a sojourn to this part of the World.This part of Kerala is less exciting to my observation acting more as a transit point to Munnar,Kottayam and Idukki.


A BUDGET HOTEL HERE

LILLY RESIDENCY;CHUNGATH JEWELLERY BUILDING;MC ROAD;PERUMBAVOOR;KERALA 683542

Baiju:9074992799/9400423665


No comments:

Post a Comment