Thursday, June 18, 2020

Dr.M V Kesava Rao..FIRST DIRECTOR OF REC NIT CALICUT

There is an interesting anecdote in my life.I was travelling in 1998 from Bangalore to Chennai by a JTC corporation bus and happened to pick up a conversation with an elderly person sitting next to me who happenned to be the nephew of Dr.Keshava Rao the first principal of REC NIT Calicut from 1961 to 1969.He spoke to me at length about Mr.Rao and his trials as Principal at REC Calicut and political interference made him step down. Dr.Rao was earlier Principal of College of Engineering Trivandrum from 1950 to 61 and after his tenure as Principal of REC NIT Calicut  was at NIE Mysore.

The thought that a Mysorean was involved in laying and nurturing the foundations of  REC NIT Calicut makes a person like me feel proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment