Thursday, March 23, 2017

An incident in my hostel room D - 312 NIT Calicut

Somewhere in early 1986  an untoward thing happened in my hostel room D -312.Incidentally my neighbors at D 312 were Girijesh Prasad Pandey to my left, Sanal Kumar to my right and PVK Mohan in the room opposite to mine. Girijesh used to do Yoga every morning.

What happened was that I lit an incense stick around 6pm in the evening ..stuck it into the wall..and then went downstairs for some work leaving my room open. When I returned to my alarm I found Indradeep Singh dousing a small fire in my room. Indradeep was apparently returning from a bath and noticed some fumes from my room and instantly doused it with the little water that was laft in his bucket. I was aghast when I returned and was upset for many days.

What had happened was this. The fiery droppings from the incense stick that I had lit had dropped on a banian that was on a string below setting the banian on fire. What a freak and un-predictable event. Luckily Indradeep saved the day because of his presence of mind. Thanks to you Indradeep even after so many years.

People who stay in hostels more precisely students must take note of this incident and take adequate care in their rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment